Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thomas Jefferson: Social Studies

Hi, he was a statesman which he is responsible for buying the Louisiana Purchase, draftsman of the Declaration of Independence. He slashed through the Navy and Army expenditures, cut the budget, and eliminated the tax on whiskey. I bet a lot of people liked him! I know I do. He is sometimes called "The Founding Father." He had slaves on his tobacco farm. That is mean at least Abraham Lincoln fixed that. Do you like Thomas Jefferson? He was a sandy haired man and tall. He died on July 4, 1826. He succeeded Benjamin Franklin as a minister in France in 1785. He resigned in 1793 for Secretary of State.  He died because he died of old age. I would love to meet him in person! He had 5,000 acres of LAND! His first day in the office is on June 1, 1779 through June 3, 1781. I know you know this fact because it is he was the third president. He died in 1826. He studied at the College of Mary and William. He was born in Albemarle, Virgina. That is my blog on Social Studies! Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment